Cannabutter is a recipe that has been used for generations to make brownies and cookies. Infusing butter with cannabis makes it easy to turn any weed recipe into a delicious, homemade edible. While the process of making crockpot butter may take time, once a person has mastered the art of doing it, they find it easy and delightful to use the cannabis-infused recipe just like ordinary butter.
“There is no sincerer love than the love of food.”
George Bernard Shaw
Here is how to make cannabutter using a crock pot:
1/4 oz of cannabis
1 stick of unsalted butter-ordinarily (one stick of butter can absorb about 1/4 oz of cannabis, so you can opt to scale up this recipe if you intend to make more)
A jar or bowl
Container for storing cannabutter
- Start by heating the crock pot on medium heat on a stove. Add the butter and allow to melt. Once the butter has melted, add marijuana and mix it well with the spoon.
- Allow the butter and marijuana to mix and cook for about 6 hours on low heat to give time to the cannabis to get infused into the butter. The longer you cook the mixture, the more the cannabis breaks down, allowing the butter to absorb every last bit of THC. To make potent marijuana mixture, cook for about 12 hours. If you do not want the butter to absorb too much marijuana, consider cooking for about 3 hours.
- To make sure that nothing burns, stir every few hours. Normally, the mixture should resemble light fryer oil: dark brown or dark green depending on how long you cook it. If the mixture turns black, it means you applied too much heat and the THC probably evaporated.
- Next, take the crock pot off the heat, strain the cannabis recipe through a cheesecloth into a jar or bowl. The butter infused with marijuana will collect into the bowl while the cannabis plant matter will remain in the cheesecloth. Squeeze the cheesecloth to drain out the last bits of cannabutter and discard the remaining plant matter.
- Pour the cannabutter into a holding container that can be refrigerated depending on the use of the butter. The marijuana-infused butter is now ready to be used and can be stored just like ordinary butter. If stored in a freezer, the butter can last for months, but if stored in a fridge, it can last for a couple of weeks. Ordinarily, one pound of cannabutter can be used to make 4 dozen cookies or brownies. The butter can also be used to make other marijuana-based recipes.